Financial Health and Wellbeing Melbourne
We're looking for global FinTech startups who are looking to expand their businesses into Australia and beyond. Our ecosystem of investors, corporate executives, and entrepreneurs are here to help support your journey and take you to the next level.
Join one of the most successful Fintech programs in the world
We are a global family of industry-focused programs that support tech founders to rapidly scale their companies.
We run programs across 16 cities around the world, and have both deep connections in Australia as well as access to connections abroad to help you build a truly global, actionable network.
Australia has been rapidly growing it’s Fintech industry since 2016, and it has become such an important part of the Australian Future Economy that we even have a Federal Minister who oversees it. Australia’s largest emerging companies are fintechs and they are drawing overseas investment into the country. Australian Fintechs like Airwallex and Judo Bank had some of the largest raises in the world last year, while others like AfterPay are shaking up global financial markets.
Our ecosystem have made it clear that they are looking for powerful new technologies and business models to help protect and empower the Financial Health and Wellbeing of organizations and consumers
Program Focus Areas
This years focus is Financial Health and Wellbeing, particularly in the areas listed below:
- Data & Privacy
- Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG)
- Superannuation (Retirement & Wealth Management)
- Future of Finance
If you think your startup fits into one of these key areas, we’d love to have you apply to join us for this year’s incredible program.
We can't wait to say 'G'day!'
Meet our alumni
The experience couldn't have been better for us: Australia was a completely new market for us and within a very short time we were able to develop a new brand and products in the SBC program that are perfectly tailored to the AUS market and led to a launch of the brand there. That was only possible with the great experts and mentors in the program and the extensive network of Startupbootcamp.
Harpocrates was just a couple of months old when we were looking for an accelerator in the RegTech/FinTech area and came across SBC Australia. The program was spot on in terms of getting support on all aspects of forming a company - hardening the product approach, iterating on the scope and getting our financials straight. The support during the program was clear, professional with a fun note - and did not end afterwards but still continues.
June 3 - July 23
Applications are assessed, and 20 teams are chosen to attend Selection Days.
August 23 - 27
Selection Days to determine the final cohort for the program
Fintech 2021 Program begins with the Final Cohort
We host a celebration and pitch day for startups to a big crowd of corporate partners, investors and industry participants.
About the program
Learn how to accelerate your business with industry-leading best practices
During our intense 3-month accelerator program, selected startups receive hands-on mentorship from over 100 industry experts, seed funding and access to a global and local network of investors with the ultimate goal of scaling their businesses and becoming industry-leading companies.
The program is structured around three focus areas: making you Pitch Ready, Commercially Ready, and Investment Ready. This is true whether you’re a company who has just finished your MVP or already scaling across multiple markets.
But each startup and their journey is different. So we tailor the program to you and your needs, helping you to create achievable goals throughout the three months.
- Apply to the Program: We'll be taking a look and assessing your application for the program. Don't forget to check out the Introduction Video at the top of this page, which goes into more detail on the program itself.
- Application Processing: Please note this can take up to a few weeks.
- Meet with the scouting team: If selected, we will send you an email to book a 15 meeting with someone from our scouting team. These short introductory meetings are for us to meet you and learn more about your business.
- 1:1 Meeting with the Managing Director: From there, we will send you an email to book some time in with our program MD. These 30 minute meetings are your time to get into the nuances of what you do, and to get any questions that you have about the program answered.
- Shortlisted: If we like you, and you like us then we’ll begin the shortlisting process. This is where we present your company to our corporate partners, limited partners and ecosystem to get their buy-in. We may request a short video pitch from you; if so, we’ll send you those instructions once accepted.
- Selection Days: Out of all the applications, we’ll choose the top companies to invite to our Selection Days. This two day event will be a time for you to meet with over 150+ industry ecosystem players, including corporate executives, previous fintech founders, ecosystem players, and of course our corporate and limited partners.
- Final Cohort: At the end of Selection Days, we’ll pick the companies to come into our 2021 cohort.
A few statistics
Startups have completed an SBC program.
Of our alumni are still active.
Total funding raised by our program alumni.
Average funding by our program alumni.
Of our alumni have received funding.
Why join the program?
An intense 3-month program designed to support entrepreneurs scale their industry-changing technology businesses.
Connections to the leading corporates in your industry for pilot projects, partnership opportunities, and as customers.
Over 100 carefully selected mentors from the finance, insurance, regulatory, and government who provide hands-on support and valuable introductions.
$25,000 AUD in cash per team in Seed Funding.
Alumni Growth Program
Continued post-program support far after the 3-month program through annual alumni-only events, deals and tailored introductions.
Meet the most active VCs and Angel investors in your industry from around the world.
Expert-led sessions covering all scaling fundamentals - from lean methodology, growth hacking to fundraising.
Unmatched access to a global network of mentors, corporate partners, industry experts, and alumni across 40+ countries.
Perks & Discounts
More than $500,000 AUD in exclusive partner deals from leading technology providers such as Amazon, Stripe, F6S and others.
Exclusive opportunities to take part in leading fintech conferences and events.
A day to celebrate your achievements during the program with 400+ investors, corporates, mentors and press attendees.