Questions for Bereev
Have a question you'd like to ask Bereev? Simply enter it here and they will will reach out to you via email after the event.
Using this form instead of emailing them directly will ensure you don't end up in their spam/junk folder.
Have a question?
Please to submit your question.
The problem we're solving
Dealing with the death of a loved one can be extremely overwhelming, chaotic and traumatising (>30% of people who have lost a loved one suffer from PTSD). The problem is aggravated by the fact that on top of dealing with your own grief, survivors are pushed into making tough decisions on behalf of the deceased in a very short timeframe. Decisions that they’re in no shape to make.
We believe that all of us should take charge of our deaths, the same way we deal with life. If we make all these decisions in advance and put a proper plan in place while we still can; not only are we taking charge of our own demise, we’re also making the entire experience a lot easier for the people we leave behind.
We built Bereev, a web-based death preparation app in order to answer a very tough question; what’s going to happen to your loved ones when you’re gone? The concept is simple, create a plan and when the time comes, the app will guide your loved ones every step of the way.
- Plan: Leave instructions for your funeral, financial, legal and personal arrangements.
- Vault: Store vital documents like your will, insurance, medical records and more.
- Message: Leave messages for your loved ones which will be sent after you’re gone.
- Share: Invite the people you trust to view your plan and customise their access level.
- Made for the Asian market (localised to needs)
- Has both Muslim and non-Muslim modes
- Available in multiple languages
- Offers a free forever version called Lite
- Priced more affordably @ ~US$29/year vs US$75/year (Everplans)
- Unique distribution channel, agents acquired via partnerships
- Fully compliant to GDPR for the EU market
- >11,000 users acquired organically
- Partnership with 3 major insurance companies
- Partnership with the largest bereavement company in SEA
- Launched beta in Poland under the brand; Pomnie
- Invested in by Khazanah Nasional, Malaysia’s national sovereign fund
- Recipient of Cradle CIP300 grant from the Ministry of Finance (MY)
- Only Malaysian startup accepted into Accenture’s Fintech Innovation Lab (HK)
- Won the Malaysian leg of Startup World Cup, represented MY @ San Francisco